Tales of Hoffman

The Tales of Hoffman opera performance (Offenbach) was last weekend. I played well, save for a few "zoning" moments. I zone both "in" and "out". One solo Friday, I was "in" the zone. It was as if a fairy came and sprinkled magic dust on me. Voila, a gorgeous solo. I don't think I've ever played better. On Sunday, that solo was not bad, but lacked the magic. Limited lilt. Just wasn't sparkling. Then, there were the "zoning" moments where I was zoning out. I couldn't count to 4. And the distrubing thing is that it sometimes goes on for a while. I just can't count at all for like a whole page and it's EZ music! Go figure. Some of the soloists were just outstanding, especially Sunday. They had a (crystal) smashing soprano and an IU grad on tenor who was ever so smooth. Overall, Sunday's performance was really good. Next up, the Nutcracker Dec. 9 and 10.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home