Thursday, January 18, 2007

Missions in life?

Hi, this is Leah. I've been having a similar conversation/discussion with people here and there. Basically, the crux of the matter is how people view God's calling for their lives, and the ways in which it changes. For example, in college, I had opportunities for missions--working on trips to Mexico helping people build houses, Wash DC learning about urban social change, and local social programs. Now that we have a family, I was complaining that I don't feel pulled toward those programs anymore.

Almost immediately, I heard a voice from the Spirit and I understood in that moment that my mission right now has changed. Ward and I both have the responsibility for teaching Kathryn about God's love. Our family IS our mission for the time being. This has given me a whole new perspective on my faith and served to make me more serious about sharing God with Kathryn in stories by making sure we provide a witness to God through our lives.

This seems like an example of God requiring tasks from me in the perfection of His plan, and God's perfect understanding of what is best for me every step along the way. My hope is that I can keep this in mind as I continue to grow in faith.

1 Comments:

At 2/12/2007 3:15 AM, Blogger Adam Black said...

sounds good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home