President of the United States

It's way too early, right? The presidential election is over a year away on Nov. 4, 2008. But who's going to win? Our beloved (or not so beloved) George Bush, who I certainly don't agree with, but respect more than most just because he's president, is (thank goodness) on his way out. One might think, given W's enormous UNpopularity, that a Democrat would have a better shot than a Republican in 2008. I like Obama. He's a great guy, a good politician and I would just love if we were so liberated we could elect a minority to the presidency. Obama has as good of an international perspective as anyone, and has charisma. However, he's a bit too liberal to win, trails Hillary Clinton in the polls, and he just seems a little too youthful for the job. I think Hilary will win the Democratic nomination. And she, quite probably, is also too liberal to win. Giuliani is a Republican but a centrist. He's also a proven leader. If it weren't for his remarkable leadership in 9-11, he'd be long forgotten, but he's proven he can handle a crisis. He also has charisma. I'm not saying who I'm going to vote for, or who I endorse, but I'm going out on a limb, and yeah, it's WAY too early. In January 2009, Rudy's stepping into the oval office.


4 Comments:
That would be weird...
Look through this list of US Presidents:
http://australianpolitics.com/usa/president/presidents-list.shtml
Every one of them has an Anglo-sounding name... even the ones that probably aren't. Giuliani's stronly Italian name would be a big change for the White House!
This comment has been removed by the author.
"Giuliani's strongly Italian name would be a big change for the White House!"
Wouldn't that just be a refreshing change for our nation of immigrants?
Not as refreshing as "President Obama". Then there's Hillary. President Clinton sounds perfectly normal, but she's a woman. THAT would be a change!
Fred Thompson is coming on strong. A classic conservative, he's nice mix of Reagan, Bush and conservative fave, Barry Goldwater. He's the "more of the same vote". He is so extraordinarily shallow. Not even a good actor. He's fake. The best chance to get a democrat into the White House would if the GOP is foolish enough to follow the right part of the right wing and nominate Thompson. But then again, southern republicans tend to do well, even southern democrats (Carter). But Thompson!? Lord, please, no! Save us.
I was wrong. Giuliani's not going to win. I overlooked his baggage, uni-dimensional nature (the 9-11 guy), and short-sighted campaign plan. Obama though, how non-anglo is that name? I still like him. Maybe we are liberated enough to select Barack!
Post a Comment
<< Home