Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Finished DH! and Ward's reaction

WOW! That's all I can say about it. Ms. Rowling is a brilliant storyteller. I was just last night thinking about how long this has been unfolding for the readers. I picked up the first 4 already in paperback in fall 2001 at the WH Smith on Argyle St in Glasgow. I wanted them for the flight back to the US and unknown time w/o ready entertainment. I thought it would give me something to do. And being the daughter of a librarian and avid reader myself, I figured it was something I should just do for the sake of knowing what it was. I never imagined I'd get so hooked. Ward is stymied by my interest in HP. I'm not sure how he views the books and the movies, but it just doesn't grip him the same way. The CoS movie really put him off a bit, I think.

For those who know Ward, here's a new development. After I finished last night with him sitting next to me watching the Tour de France, he saw how much I enjoyed DH. He said to me a while later, maybe he should read DH. I said that he probably wouldn't get much out of it just reading just the one. Then he said he guessed he's have to read the whole series. :):) I just looked and nodded yes, he would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home