Monday, April 09, 2007

Channeling Donna Reed?

Ward and I planned a nice family dinner for Easter with lamb chops, new potatoes, and all the trimmings. So, I put it all together and we had a great dinner that tasted super and we all gorged ourselves! I was surprised and immensely pleased to have finally made a meal that I felt could compete with those wonderful holiday meals I enjoyed as a child. I was so pleased at how much my cooking has improved and that I could make something that I was then able to really enjoy. I guess the bigger surprise for me was how much I had been wanting to be able to make a good, formal, family dinner. I didn't realize how good it would make me feel to have done this for my family. Then, after dinner, as I was washing up all the dishes that didn't fit into the dishwasher, I thought how strange this all seems to me. Who would have guessed that I would be so pleased and feel so satisfied by doing something so very domestic? For those of you who may not know, I am not a domestic goddess in any sense of the word. (Or maybe I am now?) It shows me how God works in our lives to give us insights into our lives as we are being changed. And, that we are being changed to meet the needs of our mission work.

In general news, we had a fabulous Easter weekend! Kathryn was supremely surprised with all the treats on Easter day and was allowed to eat alot of candy, so she was very pleased. We took some good photos and we'll try to post them.

1 Comments:

At 4/10/2007 9:45 AM, Blogger DenverSop said...

I know exactly what you mean, Leah - I felt the same way after hosting Thanksgiving dinner for both sides of our family the year we got married. It was awesome. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home