
After about 3 inches of snow Saturday, it rained Saturday night, then it turned to snow AGAIN in the morning. The weather quickly warmed Sunday and rain began to fall more heavily throughout the day into the night. On Monday morning, I noticed the back patio looked a little like a wading pool. The patio puddle that's normally 2 or 3 feet wide was 20 or 30 ft. wide! Yes, we got a lot of rain. About 5 inches in 48 hours by my best guess. Fortunately, all our drainage worked well. I included this picture because it was quite near us at 171st and Meridian. It's about a mile away near I-5. The storm was fueled by the "Pineapple express" from Hawaii. Lots of tropical moisture lingering over the Pacific from a tropical storm drifted our way dropping the 2nd highest single-day rain total in Seattle's recorded history. Although, I recall last year we had 5 inches in one day (?). At any rate, the water is draining off now, and we just will wait for the rivers to crest. I'm sure many homes are being consumed by flooding along the rivers, most of which are headed for 100 year flood levels. The good news is the rain has all but stopped and the forecast is for cold but sunny weather.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home