Thursday, October 04, 2007

Camping trip

Lake Wenatchee in central Washington. We camped here in the middle of September. It was our first family camping trip and we had a lot of fun and learned ALOT!

You can see Kathryn and I on the beach. It was very blustery that day, but sunny in spots!

Kathryn is on the short trail to the beach enjoying a drink of water and the sun!


I'm not sure where this one of me alone was taken but that's ok.





Down below are great shots of Kathryn playing on the tire swing and slide tower near the beach. She had a blast! You can just see the top of my head in relation to the tower to gauge how tall it was. The slide was great fun. There had been a couple of other kids to play with, too. The sun peeked out but we did have her hood up for the wind. It was blowing!






2 Comments:

At 10/04/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger DenverSop said...

What a gorgeous place! Someday Eric and I will come to WA and you can take us there. :-)

 
At 10/04/2007 11:03 PM, Blogger Ward said...

I also recommend the "squirrel ridge motel" I think that was it.
long story.

WA has lots of gorgeous places to see. Lake Wenatchee is a little off the beaten path. Lake Chelan is more popular, likewise more crowded, but not necessarily more beautiful, pretty similar really.

Mt Rainier is awesome. The Hoh rain forest is fascinating, as is "hurricane ridge" (Olympic National Park).Orcas Island I've heard has an awesome camp ground. Then there's Mt. Baker.Richmond Beach is nice and just 2.5 miles from us.
I've heard Mt. St Helen's is a great place to visit, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home